Location: Norway House, 3410 W Dallas St, Houston
The seminar brings leading experts together to share perspectives on the changing energy landscape and the emergence of renewables. Topics will include developing an energy strategy, innovation for creating and capitalizing on opportunities, as well as exciting new technologies that support and enhance clean energy solutions.
The seminar is a continuation of the NorTex cooperation. The goal is to share information and expertise across borders and entities thereby strengthening partnerships and collaboration and ensuring the industry’s value creation and sustainability.
08:30-09:00: Registration, coffee and light breakfast
- Welcome & Introduction, Hilde Skorpen, Norwegian Consul General
- Developing and Implementing Houston’s Energy Strategy, Greater Houston Partnership, Jeffrey Blair, International Investment & Trade Senior Director, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Greater Houston Partnership
- Creating Success for Startups, Kerri Smith, Ececutive Director Clean Energy Accelarator and Associate Managing Director Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University
10:05: Coffee Break
- Revolutionizing Hydrogen Production, Niklas Husefest, Technology Solutions Manager, Syzygy Plasmonics
- Large-scale Carbon Capture, Michael Avery, President – 1PointFive,OXY Low Carbon Ventures
- Market Entry for Norwegian Companies, Kari Ann Lien, Manager Energy & Renewables, Innovation Norway Houston
12:00: Closing Remarks, Arne Thomassen, County Mayor, Agder County