The federal government of Brazil issued a decree on offshore wind energy on 25 January 2022. The decree pre-empts a legislative initiative of the federal senate.
It establishes a framework for the allocation of predefined areas as well as for the approval of projects that are already under development. Direct subsidies are not intended. Offshore wind farms with a nominal capacity of more than 80 gigawatt are already in the environmental approval process at the federal authority IBAMA.
The recent developments in the Brazilian energy sector show some exciting opportunities. The latest amendments in the framework create the long-awaited ground for development of offshore wind in Brazilian waters. The Brazilian offshore market is in an exciting phase, attracting large international market players. This development opens opportunity for Norwegian companies offering products and services to the sector.
- Welcome Jørgen Brandt Theodorsen, Director, Norwegian Energy Partners
- Introduction Norway’s Ambassador to Brazil, The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Offshore Wind Market potential in Brazil Adhemar Freire, Energy Advisor Brazil, Norwegian Energy Partners
- Abeeolica Elbia Gannoum, CEO, Brazilian Wind Energy Association
- Offshore Wind Market potential in South America Sven Engevik, Energy Advisor South America, Norwegian Energy Partners
- Renewable’s investment in Brazil Apex-Brasil
- Norwegian Energy Partner’s events and market activities in Brazil Jørgen Brandt Theodorsen, Director, Norwegian Energy Partners
The event will be held in English via webinar platform Teams.
NORWEP partner: Free
Non-member: NOK 2000,-(+VAT)