Would you like to learn more about challenges and opportunities when collaborating with competitors?
The University of Agder (UiA) in collaboration with GCE NODE invite you to a workshop on coopetition – collaboration between competing companies for innovation. The workshop seeks to bring together key insights from researchers and inspire new ideas and thoughts for future collaborations. The workshop is a part of the dissemination of the results of the ongoing PhD project “Management of challenges in collaboration between competitors for innovation”.
Join us to improve the knowledge and understanding of possibilities for innovative collaboration with competitors and establish new pathways for university-industry collaboration.
- Introduction: The role of coopetition in innovation management, Professor Tor Helge Aas, UiA (10 min)
- Coopetition strategy: State of the art after 20 years of research on coopetition, Associate Professors Anne-Sophie Fernandez and Paul Chiambaretto, Montpellier University, France (30 min)
5 min break
- Insights from an ongoing PhD project: Challenges in coopetitive innovation projects and their management, PhD student Sanja Smiljic, UiA and RMIT University (30 min) *Sanja’s research is mainly based on data from Agder
– How to evaluate an invitation to join a R&D project with competitors?
– How to manage coopetitive tensions in different project phases?
– How do universities and clusters influence the relationships between competing companies in R&D projects?
- Q&A and discussion (25 min)
Professor Anne- Laure-Mention, RMIT University, Australia (5min)
- Closing remarks (1min)