The Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Cross-Sectoral Innovation Conference (RAIC 2021) is a free two-day virtual conference arranged by av DigitalNorway, SINTEF, Innovation Norway, Norway Health Tech and the Norwegian Research Council, focusing on cross-sectorial innovation.
The event is particularly relevant to small and medium enterprises who are in need of expanding their network and to find partners to collaborate with, and who are either a technology supplier or in need of technological solutions within these sectors.
– I believe the RAIC conference will be a very useful event. We have experienced first-hand the need to cooperate and exchange knowledge across sectors in robotics technology. For our own part, we will actively take this opportunity to explore new avenues for collaboration and partnerships, says Bernt Schjetne, CEO of OceanTech Innovation in an interview with DigitalNorway.
RAIC 2021 will focus on robot application in four areas:
- agro-food (including aquaculture
- inspection and maintenance
Robot technology is developing rapidly, but due to a lack of cooperation between sectors and companies, there are very few companies who are using the technology to its full potential.
Companies often not aware of common challenges
By gathering the right stakeholders both on the robotics and the end-user side under the same roof, RAIC 2021 sets out to shed a light on what kind of results it is possible to achieve by knowledge transfers between different sectors.
The goal of the conference is to help companies boost their business by laying the groundwork for new collaborations on robotics and AI projects.
Learn from the best in the business
The conference spans over two days and starts both days with keynotes speeches from experts. Hear from keynote speakers such as
- Tore Magnus Follinglo, CEO/Accountable manager of drone operations, Statens Vegvesen
- Bernt Schjetne, CEO, OceanTech Innovation AS
- Konrad Fagertun, Co-Founder, nLink AS og Rocketfarm AS
Participants can thereafter choose to attend different workshops where you choose from one of the four different areas of use.
The workshops will consist of presentations form both end users and providers, and representatives from Statens Vegvesen, Equinor, Bane NOR, Statkraft, Avinor, Cognite, Axess AS, OceanTech, SINTEF, Fatland, BioDrone, Robot Norge og Mørenot Robotics have already confirmed their participation.
Great possibilities for future collaboration
In addition to participating in the workshops you are encouraged to set up one-to-one meetings with other participants through the B2Match-system. This is an opportunity to expand your network, gather insight from others, and to explore future collaborations.
We encourage you to use the conference to learn about the latest trends within robotics and artificial intelligence, to explore opportunities for collaboration, to develop project ideas, and to find project partners.