Norwegian Energy Partners, Norwegian Offshore Wind Cluster and Innovation Norway are co-organizing a webinar to help Norwegian offshore wind suppliers better understand the Japanese government’s strategy, on-going auction, the development of an offshore wind industry in Japan and the opportunities arising in the market.
The new policy sets out to expand its offshore wind power installed capacity to 10 GW in 2030 and 30 GW-45 GW in 2040. In 2020, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism have launched its first auction for the construction of bottom-fixed offshore wind farms in four designated areas in its waters with proposals received by May 27, 2021.
This is the first of several webinars focusing on the Japanese offshore Wind market and we plan to follow up with targeted supply chain meetings with specific Japanese developers and clients in the early autumn. More information about this will follow soon.
The event will take place on Zoom, Tuesday 25th of May 2021, 09:00 Oslo | 16:00 Tokyo
- Registration closes end of work day on 24th May 2021
- The event will take place on the Webinar application Zoom.
- Please sign up through the link above to join the meeting. The meeting will only be made available for pre-registered attendants approved by Norwegian Energy Partners
- After registration, you will receive an email with a link to join the event in due time before the event.
- When signing up for the meeting, you agree that Norwegian Energy Partners may register you as a participant with Zoom
- If you wish to join the webinar through web browser, we recommend to use Google Chrome for this