Agenda MarMine Closing Seminar
– Background of MarMine and why? (Kurt Aasly/) 5-10 mins- WP1 Sample identification and collection (Martin Ludvigsen) 5 mins
– WP2 Mineral processing options for submarine massive sulphide ores (Rolf Arne Kleiv) 5 mins
– WP3 Feasibility study for a Deep sea mining Pilot (Steinar Ellefmo) 5 mins
– WP4 Characterization (Kurt Aasly) 5 mins
– WP5 Methods to assess environmental impacts and recovery potential (Eva Ramirez-Llodra) 5 mins
– Advisory board comment on the Impact of the project (tba) 5 mins
– Panel Discussion / Q&A (30 mins) – Experience from the cruise and research on data and samples from the cruise / way forward after the MarMine project
Panel: Martin Ludvigsen, Rolf Arne Kleiv, Steinar Ellefmo, Frederik Søreide and Kurt Aasly (NTNU), Eva Ramirez-Llodra (NIVA/REV Ocean)
Moderator: Ingrid Schjølberg, NTNU
June 11, 2021 10:30 AM CEST
The MarMine project focuses on research related to extraction technologies for the production of massive sulfide deposits on the seabed on the Arctic mid-Atlantic back on the expanded Norwegian continental shelf.
In addition to the MarMine project, GCE NODE focuses on building competence on deep sea mining, establishing network with relevant actors in the industry and identification of market and advanced technological R&D opportunities for NODE-companies.