The seminar is hosted by The Nordic Institute of Navigation and The Norwegian Forum for Autonomous Ships.
Autonomous ship research
- “Norwegian research on autonomous ships”, Ørnulf Jan Rødseth, SINTEF Ocean, Norway.
- “Navigation of small autonomous water shuttles for cargo transport in the Trondheimsfjord area”, NN, Kongsberg Seatex, Norway (Not confirmed).
- “Autonomous container transport with Yara Birkeland in Grenland”, NN, Kongsberg Maritime, Norway (Not confirmed).
- “Maintenance challenges associated with unmanned vessels – is maintenance the bottleneck?” Thomas Meyer, Teknova AS, Norway.
Navigation systems and navigational safety
- “Proof-of-Concept Demonstrator to Improve Safety of Maritime Navigation in the Baltic Sea”, Sanna Kaasalainen, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute – FGI, Department of Navigation and Positioning.
- “Navigational safety for small non-SOLAS vessels”, Thomas Porathe, Professor, Interaction Design, NTNU.
- Digital Twins for design and verification of autonomous systems, Nicolai Husteli – DNV GL
- “Safety validation of autonomous navigation systems using a ship handling simulator”, Eetu Heikkilä, Jussi Martio – VTT
- “Strategic and Operational Risk Management for Wintertime Maritime Transportation System (STORMWINDS)”, Heidi Kuusniemi, FGI, Finland.
- “IACS Unified requirements for computerized systems – application to autonomous navigation” – NN, Bureau Veritas.
Navigation and collision avoidance
- “Infrastructure free navigation and target identification”, Laura Ruotsalainen / Sanna Kaasalainen, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute – FGI, Department of Navigation and Positioning.
- “Intelligent Decision Making Framework for Ship Collision Avoidance based on COLREGS Rules”, Lokukaluge Prasad Perera, SINTEF Ocean.
- “Navigation and communication systems for autonomous ships”, Egil Eide, NTNU, Inst. for electronic systems.
- “Risk assessment and risk acceptance in autonomous transport – SAREPTA Project” – NN, SINTEF, Norway.