The recent White House “Fact Sheet” reinforced key actions to jumpstart offshore wind energy projects, create jobs and unlock a pathway to 110 GW by 2050. The impactful briefing also announced the upcoming NY Bight federal lease area auction to take place late 2021 or early 2022. The Final Wind Energy Areas communicated will be a substantial 800,000 acres (~3200 Km2) and could enable up to 16 GWs of new projects.
During the webinar, we will discuss the recent commitments made on both Federal and State level; shed light on the different industry and regional viewpoints; address supply chain opportunities for windfarm construction and infrastructure investments; and review selected content from Team Norway’s 2020 U.S. Offshore Wind Market Report.
NY Bight Lease Auction – BOEM New York Bight Task Force Virtual Meeting
During the webinar we will also discuss the NY Bight Lease Auction. If you are interested in learning more about this, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) is hosting a virtual meeting of the Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force for the New York Bight on April 14 & 16. The meeting is open to everyone, and participation is free of charge. Please register here .
- Welcome – David Ottesen, Director, Norwegian Energy Partners
- Recent developments in the US offshore wind market – Jon Ødegård Hansen, Energy Counselor, Royal Norwegian Embassy in Washington DC, and Andy Geissbuehler, Country Manager Renewables US, Norwegian Energy Partners
Date and Time
April 29, 8.30 – 9:30 AM EDT (14.30 – 15.30 PM CET). Please note that the confirmation email will state the Central European Time (CET), and not the Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Webinar platform – Zoom or Teams (TBC).
There is no participation fee.
The event will be held in English. This webinar will not be recorded.
- The event will take place on the Webinar application Zoom or Teams. Once registered you will receive a link by email to join the webinar by latest 28 April.
- The meeting will only be made available for pre-registered attendants approved by Norwegian Energy Partners.
- Registration closes on 27 April.
- When signing up for the meeting, you agree that Norwegian Energy Partners may register you as a participant with Zoom or Teams.
- If you wish to join the webinar through web browser, we recommend to use Google Chrome.