This digital event is organised by Eksport Finanace Norway (Eksfin), NORWEP, The Solar Energy Cluster and Innovation Norway.
Participation is free of charge.
• Welcome and Upcoming business delegation and events: West Afrika delegasjon – eksportseminar – internasjonal energy forum – Horizon Europe Webinar
• Empower New Energy – setting the scene: a game changer? South Africa’s new policy for companies to set up own power stations up to 100 MW
• New report presenting Off-grid renewable energy policy environment for commercial sector in Kenya and East Africa – Innovation Norway East Africa
• Needs and opportunities – NRC Kenya, Equinor LNG, Yara Tanzania
• Scatec – opportunities within off-grid solutions to energy intensive industry
• Access to financing – Export Finance Norway (Eksfin)
• The Norwegian O&G and renewable landscape – (Norwep)
• Q&A and closing remarks -15min
With South Africa changing their regulations raising the exemption threshold for the National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) licensing requirement from 1MW to 100MW many point to this as a gamechanger. According to a 2019 Multiconsult report, there is a potential for the development of more than 100,000 mini-grids in Africa by 2024. In addition, there are over 18 million households in East Africa alone who do not have access to electricity today. There is particularly focus on off-grid solutions as a cost-effective way to provide energy in these areas.
Sign up for the event by clicking the register button underneath.