For almost a decade, Arctic Frontiers has been an important arena for discussions on sustainable industrial and social development in the northern regions. In 2015, the conference hosted close to 1,500 participants from 31 countries and was covered by around 120 journalists from the world’s leading media companies.
Since the beginning in 2007, Arctic Frontiers has always offered two sub-conferences; Policy and Science. To increase the value of this international meeting place, a third sub-conference, Business, was established in 2015.
Arctic Frontiers Business offers lectures and workshops, breakout sessions, business2business meetings (matchmaking) and an informal mingle dinner, all at the Clarion Hotel the Edge in downtown Tromsø.
Arctic Frontiers Business in 2016 will focus on technology development and transfer within and between industries like offshore energy, maritime and seafood. Innovation Norway arranges workshops where researchers meet industry players to resolve technology challenges (GoBlue Workshop). GCE NODE and GCE Subsea are responsible for the breakout session “BLUE Maritime”. And Norwegian Industries is responsible for the session “Ocean Space Technologies”.
The following speakers are confirmed:
- Karl Eirik Schjøtt-Pedersen, Director General, The Norwegian Oil and Gas Association, Norway
- Kristin Skogen Lund, Director General, The Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise, Norway
- Elisabeth Tørstad, CEO Oil & Gas, DNV GL, Norway
- Fredrik Major, CBDO Sevan Marine, Norway
- Hege Kverneland, Corporate Vice President Technology Officer, National Oilwell Varco, Norway
- Liv Monica Stubholt, Partner, Lawfirm Selmer.