Events is used as a collective term that includes, but is not limited to, seminars, webinars, workshops, conferences, delegation trips and meetings organized by NODE.
1. CONTRACT DOCUMENTS
Participants are required to read and familiarize themselves with the general terms in this agreement between the participant and NODE.
2. REGISTRATION/PARTICIPATION ELIGIBILITY
Events may be open to NODE members only, or to both NODE members and members of organizations/companies which are co-hosting the event. Events may also be open for all. NODE may at any time refuse participation to non-members for any reason.
- Registration is considered completed and binding after registration and payment (or registration only for free events) of the event on our website. A receipt will be sent from our registration system Checkin to the participant at the e-mail address specified.
- NODE and Checkin has signed a data treatment agreement.
- Registration is binding and these terms are accepted until cancellation is received (see section 6).
- Name, title and company of participants will normally be distributed to other participants at the same event.
- Personal details (name, email, phone number, title etc.) provided when registering for an event, will be stored in our customer relationship database, and in the Checkin database until the event is finished, and thereafter, until you wish to opt out.
- If NODE records an event, all participants will be informed at the start of the event and the recording will only be shared with the participants and co-host(s).
- When NODE is arranging an event in cooperation with a co-host, NODE will share participation info, such as name, title, company, phone and email address with the co-host.
The event fee covers only the services described in the event program. NODE reserves the right to increase/lower the fee in the case of changes in taxes/fees, misprints or expenses due to situations outside the control of NODE. Information about changes to the fee will be sent/published as soon as possible and no later than 14 days prior to the event. Participants may cancel their registration free of charge if the increase exceeds 10% of the advertised fee. Services beyond those mentioned in the program are the participant’s own responsibility.
We use Checkin as our registration system and you will find the options for payment at the events registration page.
6. CANCELLATION OF PARTICIPATION
Cancellation policy will vary. We state the cancellation policy at the events registration page at Checkin.no – The terms of the organizer which you must confirm to have read, together with the General Terms for Events, before your registration can be approved. All cancellations should be made in writing and sent to the person(s) responsible for the event and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a participant cancels his participation during an event, after its commencement, NODE is not liable for any extra costs in connection with the cancellation. Participants are not entitled to a full or partial refund.
8. CANCELLATION OF EVENT
NODE may cancel an event in the case of force majeure, insufficient registration or it’s like. When an event is cancelled, NODE is obligated, if possible, to notify the participants without delay. If an event is cancelled, the entire registration fee will be refunded. Participants are not entitled to compensation for financial or non-financial losses beyond this.
NODE will always try to carry out the event as closely as possible to the program, but changes may occur. NODE will, if possible, inform participants about any significant changes before the start of the event. In the case of substantial changes, participants are entitled to withdraw from the event within a reasonable time and receive a full refund.
The person responsible for the event should be notified immediately about any complaints. A written notice and any claims should be sent to NODE as soon as possible and at least within 14 days after the event has ended.
11. PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEDIA
Photos may be taken of participants at events organized by NODE. These images may be used in NODE’s publications, website or other media related to our activities. If you wish to opt out of being photographed, you must inform us about this upon registration or before the event begins.
12. SHARING OF INFORMATION
When events are organized in cooperation with others, registration information (name, email, phone, position, company) could be shared with our co-organizer(s).
GCE NODE / GCE NODE Services AS