“I look forward to helping entrepreneurs create new businesses. Innoventus South is an excellent tool for helping creative people turn good ideas into viable businesses”, says Håverstad.
The 59-year-old started his professional career at research institution Sintef, and has since had a varied industrial career at Norwegian Rig Consultants, Maritime Tentech, Aker MH and Aker Solutions. From 2010 to 2013 Håverstad was CEO of what is now called MHWirth. In March 2017 he took over as CEO of research institute Teknova.
Håverstad sees Innoventus South as an important part of the innovation system in Southern Norway.
“Without Innoventus South, some ideas would never have developed into products, and services would never have found the market they deserve,” says Håverstad.
The new board of Innoventus South:
- Thor Arne Håverstad, Chairman of the Board (Teknova)
- Anne Torunn Hvideberg (Tvedestrand municipality, former head of IT cluster Digin)
- Bjørn-Tore Flåten (University of Agder Business School)
- Carina Ugland (J.B. Ugland Renewable Energy)
- Anne-Grete Ellingsen (GCE NODE)
- Hilde Tallaksen (Lindesnesregionen Næringshage)
- Ulf Hustad (SIVA)